Some Simple TutorialsThese are short videos that show you exactly what is being done. Don't forget that you can pause a video or back up a little if you get lost. Feel free to right-click and save the videos - especially if you have a slow Internet connection.
Please note that I use keyboard shortcuts for some of the steps such as Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete or Save and forgive me if I didn't specifically show that I used one. A lot of times my pointer will go to the top of the screen without clicking anything, that's just me pushing it out of the way. Not all the videos tell you to save and upload the file.
How to open a web page in your text editor, 7MB
Server-Side IncludesIn these videos, I'm using actual files from our TXGenWeb sites that demonstrate how to work with includes.
Adding A Server-Side Include to Your Page
- Creating the Include File with a Text Editor, 13MB
Basic text instructions for this video
- The Same Thing with the Help of an HTML Editor, 16MB
- How to Find the Right Spot for Your Include (The last 90 seconds of the previous video.), 11MB
Changing information in an included fileNever open an included file in an HTML WYSIWYG editor, it adds a header and other HTML that can interfere.
- Changing the Surfing Committe Page
- Adding the HOF designation to a county, 6MB
- Changing the surfing period (date), 2.5MB
- Changing a Surfer, 5.5MB